During my time at Yodlee, I was the lead designer for the redesign of Budget financial app. Time was the biggest challenge for this project--three weeks to do research, redefine, and test a fully responsive app. In addition to UI/UX design, I ran initial user research based on a predefined user persona and coordinated user testing. I am currently working with developers to finish the project.
I used paper prototypes and Sketch to build the UI, and POP and Invision to build the UX.
Calinglês was a website whose UI was built as part of General Assembly's Visual Design class. An acquaintance was moving to Brazil to start an English immersion program and asked me to build a website for his service.
We agreed that a personal, vibrant, and sophisticated feel reflected the connection, exploration, and personalization that the service offered in person. My biggest challenge was how to convey three distinct sets of information to three distinct users without losing engagement; this was solved by a three-part CTA system that changed content, color scheme, and photos when clicked on, creating an efficient yet welcoming experience.
Nomster Chef is a tablet application that teaches healthy eating habits to preschoolers by engaging them in cooking experiences with their parents. For this leg of the project, I developed colored wireframes for the client to better define a color palette and designed a web shop experience for customers to order food packages and accessories. I'm further working with the client to build out the rest of her website.
Nomster Chef's packaging design
As part of my work with YCore, I collaborated with a social impact group and WEPACK to design a logo for a section of their company that would offer contracted workers to box subscription companies in the Bay Area. The group wanted a logo that was local, empowering, traditional, and dependable. I drew on nostalgia and comforting colors in order find something that was timeless and comforting.
Inktober is a month long challenge in October to craft daily ink drawings, encouraging the art of inking and improving one's drawing skills. I challenged myself with the theme "Numbers in Letters" in order to reignite my drawing skills and further explore type and lettering.
Post-challenge, I plan to vectorize each number-letter compound and create colored versions, allowing for exploration with visual design principles.
Nomster Chef is a tablet application that teaches healthy eating habits to preschoolers by engaging them in cooking experiences with their parents. I helped the client prepare her Master's project by designing all levels of packaging and cooking experience, redesigning the logo, and researching color schemes.
Monster illustration by Kelly Jones
Nomster Chef's UI
I worked at Kiwi Crate as a product design intern during Summer 2013. There, I was responsible for developing new ideas for future "crates," or monthly packages delivered to children with engaging crafts inside. The concept of 'city adventure' emerged and I instantly thought of a car--classic, gender neutral, and fun for all ages. I took the design from concept to final iteration, which included prototyping craftable cars (managing cost and timeline constraints) and working with our end users, 3-7 year olds and their parents, in weekly "kid testing."
Baby Buggies was conceptualized for an injection molding client. In order to sustain value, the toy had to withstand the transition of infant (0-12 months) to toddler (1-2 years) without losing interest, have a minimalist yet spunky appearance, and either cognitively or physically aid the child's development. To do this, Baby Buggies rely on two rollerballs (one on an axis and one without) and can be pushed by a parent during the child's crawling stage or by the toddler when they begin to walk, aiding motor development.
I came up with the idea, went through multiple design iterations, and finished a final render for the client. I am currently pursuing the project in my own time and am working on a CAD file for 3D printing.
During my internship last summer, each intern was responsible for a transportable playset. My theme, "playground," had to be made from composite wood and injection-molded pieces, have a bill of materials no greater than 15 dollars, and be no bigger than a 9-inch cube. I wanted to include as many levels, activities, and open space for kids to have a 360-degree play space to encourage play and add value. In the four week project span, I went through multiple iterations and developed an alpha prototype for a final company presentation.